Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Computer and Photo Organization

My new computer arrived about 5 p.m. on Thursday. I've got it set up, but I haven't loaded anything on to it or moved anything over to it, yet. See reasons below:
This pebble picture is one of the standard wallpapers. I'll put something more personal on it when I load my pictures. This is the keyboard. It's nice and has a good feel to it. The touch pad is off center because of the 10 key on the right.

Following is the reason I haven't gotten to the new computer. I've been working on this project FOREVER it seems. I started organizing all our photos (pre-digital) several years ago and never finished. Over two weeks ago, I pulled it all out and started to finsih the job. It was a HUGE job! And I'm still not done. I put all hard copies of photos into photo albums. (See photo below). I took all the negatives and put them into sleeves and labeled them ( I am still working on this part. I ran out of sleeves and I've ordered more). I'm also organizing all the 8x10's, 5x7's and formal and school pictures from kids and grandkids into albums. I love to have things organized, but the process is such a pain. These photos show some of what I've been up to.

The negative sleeves. I have attatched the contact sheet when I had one, but it's harder to identify negatives without a contact sheet. And I have plenty without. This is a slow process.

I had 8 photo boxes like this one full of photos. Now I only have three with just negatives in them. I also had 3 large drawers in my craft/laundry room full of photos. All the 4x6's are in albums now. I'm still working on the larger ones and the negatives.
More of the mess. Crazy, huh?
These are the albums that hold the 4x6's. And yes, Netta, I used them ALL! The larger pictures and formal ones are going into regular scrapbook binders in sheet protectors. My plan is to make them more accesible to scrapbook random photos. There is no way to do them all...so I want to just choose photos to scrapbook and either print them (if digital) or pull them from these albums. Hopefully, this will inspire me to scrapbook more often.

These are now empty photo boxes. I'm not sure what I'll use them for...probably to organize stuff in my scrapbook/craft room. It's been real hot the last few days. Of course, it's a little harder for us without central air, but we're doing ok. We love you all. Mom

1 comment:

  1. Look at you getting all organized. You're inspiration to us all:) It was fun to get a comment from you. I had no idea you guys had a blog. It's so fun to check in and see what's going on at our favorite hotel by Disneyland:)

    ReplyDelete