
Dad and I went last week and looked at a computer that I was considering buying. I liked everything about it (except Vista...but can't do anything about that). I didnt' get it at that time because I wanted to think over some software issues. After a couple of days, we went back and sure enough...they had raised the price $100! So we did NOT buy it and came home and ordered it on line. (For $150 less than Fry's) The only bad thing is that it is really popular and it was out of stock at the two cheapest places. So I ordered it anyway and will wait until they get it in before they can ship it. It's an HP dv7-2180us. (See photo above)It's rated really high. It has 500G hard drive, 6G RAM, a 17 inch screen and a web cam. I do so much with pictures, I needed a lot of space to work with them. I love my present computer, but sadly it is inadequite and with the screen acting up, I have no choice. New stuff is fun, though. I am paying for it with some of my inheritance money that I have left. I'm grateful for it as I wouldn't be able to without it. Thanks, Dad!
I am also enclosing a photo of the headstone of Lewis Barney. I have been in email contact with my cousin JoDean (Barney) Pond. She and her husband hunted it down in Mancos, Colorado. The cemetary is very overgrown and she suggested that some of his decendents pool their resources sometime in the future to clean up the cemetary and gravesite. Any of you who read this let me know if you'd be interested and we will try to organize that at next Spring's reunion.
I love all of you and will post again in a day or two. Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment