Saturday, December 19, 2009

Back Track to Bakersfield

On December 4-5 we went to Bakersfield to babysit J&B's kids while they went on a quick get away to celebrate their anniversary. Following are photos I took there. They are not in the order I took them in, but they certainly represent what we did for two days. It was a fun, if not quick trip and we had a blast being with the kids and grand kids. Enjoy the show!

This is Grandpa watching Looney Tunes videos on the computer with Owen and Liesl. They needed to be introduced to Bugs Bunny! Cutie pie, Clara at the kids indoor soccer games. She was a good trooper about all the hauling around we did that day.
Owen playing goalie in his game. And even though he gave up a couple of goals, he scored the first one for his team and they won! Woohoo, Owen!
Liesl during her game. She, too scored a goal for her team. Woohoo, Liesl. (Her team does not keep score).
Blurry, but good action shot of Owen. We had fun watching the kids play.
We decided to bake a cake. Liesl spent a great amount of time licking the bowl really clean.
We played outside. Owen rode his bike, Liesl rode her scooter and they climbed trees. Clara ran...ready, set, go!
We did get to see Elijah. He and Shawn came over for a quick visit. We saw them the next night at their place, but Elijah was feeling sick, then, so our second visit was short. Loved seeing all of them.
Thought I'd end with this adorable photo of Clara. We were sitting in the kitchen and I was snapping photos over and over. She heard a noise outside and this was her reaction. I clicked at the perfect moment. Love it!
I caught Dad's cold. Dad recovered pretty well, but I had it pretty bad this last week. I, too am finally doing much better and made my first outings today. Glad to feel more human. Hope all of you that read this are doing well. I hope to send an electronic version of my Christmas letter out to more people this week. Love you all. Mom

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures, especially the last one!

    Dede

    ReplyDelete