Friday, October 2, 2009

Crazy Busy and Annoying Encounter

I have been so busy, I have been unable to post much. I have so much to tell about my two trips and videos and photos of both trips, but that is one of the busy things. So this is a quick blog to tell you I promise to go back and update you on my trips. (Milwaukee and Utah).

I will tell you quickly about a real annoying thing that happened to me on Tuesday. We flew in from Utah, in the evening and had been home an hour (Just enough time to check mail and phone messages) when the phone rang. It was my "high maintanence" friend, Louanne. She had run out of gas on her way to the bishop's office and was in a no-stopping area. At her request, Lyle and I went with our gas can full of gas and drove the mile or so to bail her out. While we were standing on the side of the road, someone drove by and threw a cup full of Coke and ice at me. I hit my arm and really hurt! None of us actually saw them throw it and there were 3 cars going by, so even though Dad raced off after them, he wasn't even sure which one did it. He actually didn't know which car it was so we have no recorse to press charges. I am amazed at how stupid and uncaring some people are. I'm just grateful it didn't hit my face.

Shawn and Kim are coming later today to watch Conference with us. More news later. Love you all, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Maryann dear, I am so sorry that you were the target of someone's rudeness and malice. I think that the only response we can make to such nastiness and smallness is to resolve to be more kind and generous than ever, both with strangers and with those we love.

    We so loved having you and Lyle stay with us for those 3 days. I hope this ugliness does not leave a nasty taste in your mouth for very long.

    Love, Dede

    ReplyDelete