First, a little news about Alan and Tammy. Tammy called and told me that Alan has been able to get a 7th period to teach. This will be most helpful in helping with their tight budget. We're grateful and Tammy says it's an answer to prayers. She is almost completely recovered from her pneumonia. However, Juliette will be undergoing an MRI on her head on Wednesday of this week at CHOC. She has, for some time now, been experiencing episodes of a kind of seizure-like behavior. I've only seen it briefly, so I can't really describe it. They are trying to figure out what is happening. I will keep you all updated when I know things. Please include her in your prayers.
Don't have much news from Ryan and Tanja. Tanja has been feeling the baby kick and is feeling pretty good. Her pregnancy seems to be a healthy one. They have found a female OBGYN who is willing to try a VBAC on her. This same doctor had the exact thing happen to her. A C-section due to a breech birth followed by a VBAC with her next baby. R & T are hopeful.
Jason and Becca are doing okay, but also experiencing some illness. Liesl has had another recurrence of the virus that causes the sores in and around her mouth. (I forget what it is called). It's hard on her and she can't eat for a couple of days. Owen and Clara have had the fever, but not too many of the sores. Clara, as some of you know, bent over to get a ball at her other grandma's house and hit her head on the brick fireplace. She got 3 stitches in her forehead. She is recovering, albeit experiencing a little trauma going through the process.
Netta and Brad and family are adjusting to the newly cold weather. More on my trip to see them below. My visit there was way too fast and the next time I go out I'll stay longer and take Dad with me.
Shawn and Kim came for Conference weekend. It was fun seeing the little firecracker, again. Elijah is doing better and I see potty training in his near future. We all enjoyed watching all the sessions. I was blown away by Elder Holland's talk on Sunday afternoon. It seems that every conference there are one or two really powerful talks. This was no exception. We enjoyed their visit.
So enjoy these photos. I took many more, but you can only spend so much time downloading them into the blog. BTW...I invited you all to join the blog as authors.(Except Kim who has done it already). Please register with Google (remember your passwords) and start posting on the blog. We would all like to read and see things about each other. Love to you all, Mom
Following are pictures from the Larkin Reunion.
After we left the reunion, we drove to the Provo area and spent 3 days visiting with my siblings. We stayed at Aunt Dede's home. They were so kind to us and we greatly enjoyed our stay. We (my family) were not all together in one spot. Ria has been quite sick and could not join us at the resturant. (I failed to get a photo there. It was the only time we spent with Darrin and Jill). But this is a photo I took with the timer on the camera of the four of us. It's been 2 1/2 years since we were together and it may be another year before it happens again.
These next few pictures are from my trip to Milwaukee to watch JC and Nikki while their parents went to a job interview in Iowa. I spent a lot of my time sewing for Nikki's American girl doll, reading "Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites", and driving them here and there. (Playground, McDonalds, etc). It was fun and the weather cooperated. Following is a photo of their duplex. The place has two identical apartments which are mirrors of each other. Their's is on the left, next to the garage (which they share). The landlord lives on the right.

The photo above is JC an Nikki eating icecream cones at McDonalds. Notice, we don't even have jackets on.
However, this photo was taken on Sunday, before I flew home on Monday. We had driven to Lake Michigan to let Grandma see it. It was a little cooler and that is reflected in the photo and what we are wearing. There is a breeze that comes off the lake.
I'm kind of glad my traveling is at an end for awhile. I've got a lot that I want to get back to. So I will end this long post. Hope all is well for all of you. I love you.
That is one fine looking family there at the end of the post. WOW!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, so apparently I already set up an account on here years ago and forgot about it. So I'm on here now. Great pics. It's hard to believe all the little great-grandkids are getting to be teenagers now. Makes me feel old
ReplyDeleteLove,
Shawn
Fun to see your pictures! I hope that all of your family will soon be well, and recovered from all the bumps and bruises. Love, Dede
ReplyDelete