Friday, October 16, 2009

Catch up and Family Info

Lots of misc things have been going on with everyone, lately. Netta called today and said that JC had his gum surgery today. She said he was a real trouper. Good going, Jason! I find it interesting that three of our kids (Alan, Netta and Shawn) all had receding gums and now both JC and Nikki have the same problem. Check all your kids gums in front of their bottom two front teeth. This is obviously a genetic anomaly. Our kids had gum grafts, but JC had a newer procedure they have developed. They make an incision in his gums and insert a biological material and the gum grows up and over the added material which strengthen the gums and makes them grow higher. It's less painful than the graft from the soft palette our kids went through. Nikki will have her procedure later.

Alan and Tammy and the girls came last week so Julliete could have her test. It went well, but they still don't know the results. I will keep you updated on that one.

Jason and Becca are doing okay. Becca is still real tired, but everyone is over their "mouth sore" virus that they had. (I think)

Ryan and Tanja informed us that the family that wants to buy their home have a buyer for the home they are trying to sell. If all goes well (and it looks good), when they sell their home, they will be able to buy R&T's home in Logan. We are pleased and I know they are happy. They celebrated their anniversary on Wednesday, the 14th. Sorry I didn't get a post on about that on Wednesday, but this is a belated Happy Anniversary wish to you. Hope it was a nice day.

These two pictures show a picture of the quilt and the fabric I am going to use for R&T's baby's quilt. I just went nuts when I saw the pattern and knew it would be pretty in the blues and aqua colors. I had a lot of fat quarters and bought the rest on sale at JoAnn's. The larger cuts of fabric I got with coupons and I am really excited to get going on it. I have to finish my gingerbread applique blocks for my quilt exchange with Brad's Mom, Vallorie. There are 9 of us in the exchange and we will be swapping blocks in about a month. Mine are almost done, except for small bits of embellishing. I'll put in photos of that later.

Here's how the fabric breaks down. The stripe will be the backing fabric. The white has a pattern on it that are really small ovals. The one on the left with the round star bursts on it is for the large outer border and the teal batik on the left is for the inner border and binding. All the fat quarters are for the small bits and pieces on the inside of the quilt. I will have tons of these little pieces left over and plan to do something with them later on. (I love these colors!).
It will be a really pretty quilt when it's finished. I also played in Photoshop this weed and printed a really unique picture I created from some leaves I scanned. You'll see that later, too.
To finish off, I am posting this cute video I took of Elijah singing the alphabet song when he was here for conference weekend. It's a cute one.

I send my love to all of you and hope all is well. Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Dede here. So fun to catch up with what is going on with your family. Renetta and Brad's news about Oklahoma is very exciting! I am sure you are all glad that they know where they will be settling. Love to all the Larkins.

    ReplyDelete