Monday, July 20, 2009

Mom's Birthday and Stomach Flu

My birthday was July 18th. As you all know I turned 60! Truthfully, it was a little hard for me to celebrate this one. I spent several days steeling myself for it. The morning was quiet and then Dad and I went to a 3 hour meeting for the singles advisors. The YSA are having a state-wide conference in August. There is a whole lot of planning involved. We hurried home to greet Alan and Tammy and the girls for a barbeque dinner here at home. Within the hour of their arrival, Mari got sick and threw up. Within the next two hours, everyone in their family but the baby was throwing up. They were all so ill, they spent the night...even though they had not planned this. We had invited Linda. She was there also. So present opening and cake and ice cream were interesting. Everyone was a little green by then! The kids left the next day, still feeling rocky. Linda, Dad and I have not caught it.(Thankfully). But it was not the funnest celebration. Dad only got these two photos and I didn't take any. (I was busy helping with sick people). So this is it. (And I had to crop them in cause Dad stood so far away. Oh well). Hope our next event is a little more fun!

This is me blowing out the candle. (Note...one candle!) Dad took this photo first. My reaction is to Juliette enjoying the singing of "Happy Birthday".

2 comments:

  1. What a crummy birthday mom. I hope Alan and the fam are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had been there, you know I would have eaten cake. Or maybe thrown some at Jason, since he threw his at me a while back

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete