Friday, September 11, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma's Birthdays

Today is Grandpa Barney's birthday. He would have been 86 years old today. Grandma's birthday was last Sunday (the 6th). She would have been 87 years old. On this day of remembering THE 9/11, I just wanted to post about Grandma and Grandpa. I do miss them I pray they are growing and learning where they are. I know they are progressing and to that I am grateful.
I'm taking a personal history writing class this term at the Adult Ed Center. It's been very interesting thinking back and writing down my memories. It forces me to think about the way things as they really were in my life. I'm grateful for my life. I feel it has been a good one. I have a testimony of the Gospel. I'm so thankful that my Savior atoned for me and that I can come here and make the choices that will bring me back to my Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful that my parents married and had me as their child. I'm grateful for ancestors who sacrificed so much to lay a foundation for my existance.
I love all of you and I am grateful you are my children and grandchildren. Thank you for staying strong. Always make good choices. Love the Gospel and live it to the best of your ability. Be happy and know that Dad and I love you all very much. Mom

3 comments:

  1. I miss them too and I was thinking about Grandpa earlier today. Happy Birthday Grandma and Grandpa!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including this post. I thought a lot about our mother on Sunday and again thought a lot about Dad today. I am so glad that you are writing your personal histoy. It is a blessing as you write it and a blessing to your posterity as they will read it in coming years.

    Love you,
    Dede

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks alot Maryann, I thought alot about them also, especially with our new litte Grandson born this week.
    love
    your sister Sustan

    ReplyDelete